Let's talk about unemployment for a bit, shall we?
I think we can all agree that there are good and bad things about being unemployed. Mostly bad, because of the lack of income, but there's part of me that also feels like I'm on a weird sabbatical right now -- which isn't all that bad. I get to set my own schedule, I have time to workout and cook, I can work on music and write (although I'm yet to really do that.....bad musician.....bad!), I can explore the area, I can read books, etc. Regardless, for the many pros that I've found, I've also found many cons.
1) No income = BAD
2) No set wake up time = GOOD
3) Hard to establish a sense of purpose = BAD
4) Being able to work out at any point in the day = GOOD
5) Applying for jobs is frustrating = BAD
6) I cook WAY more = GOOD
7) I go a little stir crazy = BAD
8) I get to enjoy the pool = GOOD
9) I get to hang out with Mozzie = GOOD
10) I'm stuck with Mozzie = BAD
It's good and bad. Part of me is really enjoying the time off -- truly. But part of me also yearns for more of a set routine, so I'm excited to get back out there and do the things. You know, the things and stuff.
I'm an "adult," or so I've been told. I do "adult" things, I have an "adult" job, I pay bills, and I drink bourbon and wine. I have great friends and family, an amazing husband, and generally a pretty good life. I have achieved many things, yet so little at the same time. I'm 30, yet I feel more clueless than when I graduated college. This is how I "adult."